Monday 24 August 2015

Love and respect your mother, she loves you above all

Here I find myself listen to Tshepiso Motaung’s music like my life depend on it, well doesn’t it? It has been 11 odd years since the last day I last spoke to my mother, the only person on this huge planet who understood me clearly and knew when something was wrong with me. This is the same woman who, at the peak of her life as a 20 year old had to share her breath with me even before the unforgiving world could know my name. She proudly watched her body change shape daily hoping that she will bring a new breath of life the cruel world. She took care of me until the greedy angel of death laid its eyes on her.  Shame on you death.
At the tender age of 15 my Rose was taken from me. The only person who when I came running to after a fight at school she would simply look at me and know whether it was my fault or not. She knew when I was right and when I was at fault. She was the only soul I could no matter the lies I thought I could tell, I could never lie to her and the very same soul that I drew my inspiration from, regardless of our fights. As a teenager when I was supposed to be frustrated by adolescence like “other kids”, I got full time job of looking after my two younger sisters and this is when I knew that life is nie pap ‘n vleis. It is at this period in my life I learned not to depend on anyone but the superior being and giver of life Jesus Christ, life revealed itself to be one hell-of-a roller coaster. Shame on you death.
As much as I would have liked to do the normal things that teenagers my age did, I simply could not. I had to grow up very quick, I had to mature quickly, I had to naturally learn the rules of the game by default. I had to learn the meaning of the famous phrase “eat or be eaten”. Not to say I would not have learned this skills if she was alive but it simply because I knew that I did not have a “lawyer” that would bail me from my mistakes anymore. I realised along the way that since death had decided to orphan me and sisters, the world would not give a rat’s ass whether we fell into the routine trap for the ‘most’ teenagers. The “usual life” which is drugs and alcohol or any of the related dangers of which children my age found them in, regardless of whether or not they had parents.  I realised that everyone expected it and would be just a normal thing since I was a rebel even when my Rose (Her real name is Palesa meaning Rose) was still alive. Shame on you death.
It does not matter who says what, in life the absence of a mother is just a rough ride especially if she get “absent” at an early age. She is like salt to the food, regardless of whether you are diabetic or not, if the food does not have salt it is tasteless and worthless. Just like Life without Christ has no meaning. A mother is just that one person who will understand you and know what you mean when the world has turned on you and at times wants to kill you for no reason, go read about the death of Jesus and you will know where his mother during his death.
As South Africa is still celebrating the women’s month, I have a message to the little rascals mis-treating their mothers and talking ill of them: If she did not love you, you will not even breathing at this moment. It does not matter how she is treating you or how bad you think she is, she loves you more than you can imagine. She may not be educated as you are but she knows the meaning of true-love, you are the evidence and witness or whatever. She may have done unwise decisions in the past or probably even now, but she deserves some respect; she saw the sun before you. She chose not to leave you at the hospital; she chose not to abort you. She has scarified more than you can imagine for you, the little you can do is say thank you.

Don’t wake up one day when she is not more and wish you told her how much she means to you or how much you appreciate her. After reading this, go and tell her you are sorry for being the brat you have been lately…she will forgive you, she is your mother after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment